I left my apartment for an overnight stay & realized I was sans-makeup bag. Ugh. While admittedly I probably didn't need 90% of what I had packed anyway, it's always nice to have options when you're away from home (at least that's what I tell myself).
I headed out to pick up enough essentials to get me through the following work day and realized just how little I actually "need" in a bind. Could I go completely without makeup if I absolutely had to? Yes. Would I feel 100% confident in doing so? No. While I don't ever pile on layers of makeup for a work day, I like evening out my complexion and making my eyes look open & awake. I decided on the following products to achieve this:
1. Stippling Brush: I can't apply foundation with my hands. I hate it. I always need a brush. I think the application looks so much better & flawless when applied with a brush, and a stippling brush is a great way to apply it lightly, since the bristles aren't packed too densely.
2. Bronzer Brush: For, well... bronzer.
3. Mascara: This makes a HUGE difference in the way your entire face looks. It makes you look awake, alert, and pulled together.
4. Foundation: Just a light application to even out my complexion is all I need for a normal day. I even saved some money by not buying a separate concealer; I just added a little bit under my eyes to conceal any dark circles.
5. Mosaic Powder: This powder has both bronze & pink tones, so it doubles as a bronzer AND blush. Dusting this over my cheekbones will add a little bit of definition and color to my face, making me look bright & awake.
I already have 6+ lip products in my purse (I know, whatever, don't judge me) so I didn't need to buy anything new, but I will be adding a bit of lipstick to the product lineup above to really pull it all together.
So, what have we learned here today? Well, first & foremost, choosing these products in the store took me a half hour. I'm not going to lie to you. I had trouble. I had thrown in some other items and decided I didn't need them. So, choosing the essentials isn't always the easiest - but I am happy with my choices and feel completely comfortable going out with only these three products on my face.
What few products would you choose if you left all your makeup behind?